While Napa Valley has been synonymous with impeccable wines for decades it is also gaining a reputation as an artistic hub full of rich culture and world-class performing arts. If you’re looking to enjoy some amazing talent while in Wine Country than look no further than the Napa Valley Performing Arts Center at Lincoln Theatre. We’ve gathered a list of the upcoming events at the Lincoln Theatre in Yountville that you will want to mark on your calendar.
- Did you know that the San Francisco Ballet is America’s oldest ballet company? They are responsible for the first American productions of famous ballets including Swan Lake and The Nutcracker. You can have a chance to see this iconic company on Friday, July 22 at 6pm at the Lincoln Theatre.
- With Festival Napa Valley in full-swing there is still a chance for you to experience the festivities and events. On Sunday, July 24 at 5:30pm head to the Lincoln Theatre to hear two of opera’s up-and-coming stars: Grammy Award winner Isabel Leonard and critically-acclaimed Michael Fabiano. Conductor Carlo Ponti and the Festival Orchestra NAPA will be joining them.
- Raising awareness for dementia prevention can be as easy as slipping on your dancing shoes. On Thursday, July 28 at 6:30pm join the Ballroom Dance for Senior Fitness Gala as they dance to Rat Pack-themed music by OPUS with Johnny Smith, all for a great cause.
- Calling all aspiring comedic actors and actresses! Head on over to the Lincoln Theatre for a five-day camp (July 25-29) filled with improvisational theatre games, exercises for honing your acting skills, and most importantly having a lot of fun. There is a limit of only 30 campers so sign up now.
- From the streets of L.A., to winning a Grammy, to appearing on Conan, to collaborating with Elvis Costello, to sharing the stage with Led Zeppelin’s John Paul Jones, La Santa Cecilia has had quite a career. This band complete with its Latin American influences and Mexican heritage will be at the Lincoln Theatre Saturday, July 30th at 7pm.
- On Saturday, August 13th at 3pm all aspiring dancers will be given the opportunity to learn some tips and tricks from the top ballet dancers in the world. The Master Class with Stars of American Ballet is limited to only 30 people so sign up quickly so you don’t miss out.
- Spend an afternoon with top dancers from the New York City Ballet and American Ballet Theatre. Enjoy masterpieces by George Balanchine, Christopher Wheeldon, and Daniel Ulbricht which include Apollo, Who Cares?, and Liturgy. Just to name a few! This one of a kind afternoon takes place on Sunday, August 14 at 3pm.
- Cowboys, music, and poetry can be found on Saturday, September 10th at 7pm. This outdoor event is sure to please as cowboys from Elko, Nevada’s National Cowboy Poetry Gathering, perform their inspiring poetry, music, and stories with a lot of western flair.
- Opera and the works of William Shakespeare come together for an unforgettable evening on Saturday, September 24 at 7pm. This event is celebrating the 400th Anniversary of Shakespeare’s legacy and will no doubt be filled with beautiful music and moving depictions of The Bard’s famous works.
- On Saturday, October 1st, at 7pm get ready to sing and jam along to some of the greatest American rock music of all time. ROCK STARS & STRIPES features former Boston vocalist/guitarist David Victor as well as visuals by MTV and Emmy Award-Winning Director Jeff Clark. Bring the whole family to this unforgettable rock concert.
- Tony DeSare, named a Rising Star Male Vocalist in Downbeat Magazine, is coming to the Lincoln Theatre on Saturday, October 8th at 7pm. This Jazz star brings a renewed style to old school class and will be sure to give a performance you won’t forget.
- Nothing says Christmas quite like seeing a performance of The Nutcracker. On Saturday December 17-18 audiences of all ages can enjoy this holiday classic as performed by the Napa Regional Dance Company for the 16th year in a row.
For more information and to purchase tickets to these events please visit: lincolntheater.com/events
We would love to see you enjoying some of these upcoming events at the Lincoln Theatre. Be sure to take pictures and tag us on Instagram @LeadingWineries or find us on Facebook at Leading Wineries of Napa.