The Conn Creek Barrel Blending Experience
Conn Creek has received international acclaim for its one-of-a-kind education intensive Barrel Blending Experience®. Guests are invited to taste Cabernet Sauvignon from the barrel from nearly all of Napa Valley’s appellations, from Calistoga to Carneros, before becoming “winemaker for a day” and blending their own bottle to take home. The Barrel Blending Experience® is the first stop for any Napa visitor, whether novice or aficionado, providing an immersive tasting experience that will inform the remainder of any visit to the Valley.
- A guided overview of the 16 American Viticultural Areas (AVA) in Napa Valley
- A guided tasting of 5 AVA specific Cabernet Sauvignons
- An introduction to Cabernet Franc, Merlot, Malbec and Petit Verdot varietals
- Detailed blending techniques
- A custom bottling of you very own Cabernet Sauvignon based blend, complete with corking and labeling
- A bottle of Conn Creek Winery’s Cabernet Sauvignon based blend, Anthology
Price: $165 per person
Duration: 2 hours
Requirements & conditions:
- 48 hour notice for bookings & cancellations
- Daily 10.30 AM and 2.00 PM (except Wednesday)
- Sessions are comprised of combined groups of up to 12 guests
- Guests who are more than 15 minutes late for their appointment cannot be accommodated
- Participating guests must blend their own bottle of wine
- Large, private parties can be accommodated
About Conn Creek Winery
Conn Creek was founded in 1973 and immediately established itself as one of Napa Valley’s premier Cabernet houses with the release of its 1974 Eisele Vineyard Cabernet Sauvignon, of which Robert Parker said, “one of the great classics of the seventies, as well as a testament to what heights California Cabernet Sauvignon can achieve.” The name of the winery comes from its location, next to Conn Creek in the Rutherford district.
More than forty years after its founding, Conn Creek is still focused on crafting the highest quality Cabernet Sauvignon. Conn Creek‘s expertise is derived from its unique sourcing, as one of the only wineries to source Cabernet Sauvignon grapes from nearly all of the Napa Valley’s distinct sub-appellations. The sourcing acts as a spice rack for our flagship Cabernet Sauvignon “Anthology”.
Conn Creek also produces, in very limited quantities, single appellation Cabernet Sauvignons as part of its AVA Series, choosing the standout appellations of each vintage. In the Napa Valley Series, an approachable Napa Cabernet Sauvignon, as well as limited release Cabernet Franc, Chardonnay and Sauvignon Blanc round out the portfolio.
“If you’re not a winemaker now, you’ll want to be after this. Thank you – this was a fantastic way to learn about Napa Valley AVA’s.”
– Katherine Bill
“Great time… a must on your next visit to Napa! Really great learning experience and a ton of fun… awesome for groups!”
– Blake Fulton – Douglasville, GA
8711 Silverado Trail
St. Helena CA 94574